Wednesday, January 11, 2017

You Only Get Two More of These!

You all only get to hear from me as a missionary two more times.

What.

It hasn't quite hit me yet, so I'm just taking each day one day at a
time. "Life by the yard is hard, but by an inch, it's a cinch."
-President Monson.

What the heck happened this week? Oh yeah we found a 9 year old who is
getting baptized this Saturday. He's super cute, and we've gotten him
ready for baptism in two weeks. Talk about cramming. We're super
excited, his name is Owen and he likes Pokémon and Star Wars. So
obviously we are best friends. I gave him a square of ghiradeli
chocolate and he considers me his hero. We were teaching about Joseph
Smith and the restoration and we asked him who Joseph smith was and if
he had ever heard of him. I told him "it rhymes with Moseph Mith."
Without any hesitation, he yells "NEPHI" as confidently as he could. I
had to step out of the room for a few minutes, I was laughing so hard.

Speaking of hero, we teach this one woman named Vivian. She's in her
40s, but she has some mental problems. We came over to her house and
she spent 15 minutes telling us how much she he loves Michael Jackson
and how she wants to watch his videos on her phone but she doesn't
know how, and if we could please solve this problem for her. I took
her phone and connected her to the wifi that she didn't even know she
had but had been paying for, and gave it back to her with Michael
Jackson pulled up on her phone. She started screaming and tearing up
because she was so happy, and she called me her savior.

We went on exchanges this week and I went with Sister Bodily! She is
this adorable blonde from Latin, Utah. I adore her. We had so much
fun. She ended up accidentally hugging a 30 year old man, and she
hasn't hugged a man the whole six months she's been out. It was
awesome.

Everyone we teach is so weird.

I also ate sushi this week, it was so dang good.

Andersen and I are killing it, so far we've had like 16 lessons this
week, and that is our average. It's awesome. I'm working my tail off
over here. We were both kind of depressed this week because one of our
elder friends in the mission went home early, elder Broderick. But you
know, the friendships you make on a mission will last a lifetime and
beyond. We will see him again. He only lives in Utah anyway.

My time is drawing to a close but I am happy. This is the happiest I
have ever been in my life.

I love you all. I'll see most of you very soon.

Love
Sister Ginn












No comments: