Wednesday, January 11, 2017

This Is the Year of the Rooster

My mission President informed me that this year is the year of the
rooster. Thank you President Marston.

Happy 2017! Hope you all started off the new year with a blast. Sister
Andersen and I bought our own quarts of ice cream from baskin Robbins
and ate them all and drank white grape sparkling cider stuff for New
Year's Eve and went to bed at 10. It was wonderful.

This week was pretty slow, actually, being the hangover from
Christmas. All the Christmas lights are going down and it makes me a
tinsy bit sad, but I'll see them again next year.

We taught a lot of lessons to sad people this week. It was draining.
People tell us everything that is wrong with their lives for two hours
and then expect us to fix it. But fun fact: I am not a counselor. I'm
20 years old and I can't even remember what I had for breakfast. Yes I
am totally qualified to fix your marriage that has been going downhill
for 10 years. Please tell me more about how you blame Heavenly Father
for allowing bad things to happen in your life.

It's a hard life but someone has to do it.

I love being a missionary. I love it so much. I'm going to miss this nametag.

We taught a lesson to one of my FAVORITE less actives named
Bernadette. She is this cute 50 year old woman who is trying to turn
her life over to Christ. She told me that I am one of her favorite
sister missionaries she's ever had and I about died from happiness.
Gosh I love Chico so much.

I've been kind of struggling this week, and so I decided to ask the
zone leaders for a priesthood blessing. It was the best blessing I
think I have ever received in my life. I'm the blessing, god told me
that he has accepted my mission and all that I have done the last 17
months. I started crying. It was beautiful, and it made me feel less
stressed out about certain things going on in my life. The priesthood
is amazing, and I love knowing that we have it in this gospel.

That's about it for this week. I'm excited for this upcoming week
because I hit my 18 month mark! Woohoo!

I love you all, and happy new year!

Love,
Sister Ginn







No comments: