Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Oh My Gosh I Made It!!!



I made it guys, I made it through the transfer. I didn't kill anyone. 

Ok so my pet peeve as a missionary is when someone asks me my first name and then someone else goes "Her first name is Sister!" And then laughing ensues. Yeah I haven't heard that one before, you're real funny, let me just smack you across the face with a Book of Mormon. 

Anyway. 

IM ALIVE THE CHURCH IS TRUE. 

this week was a week filled with service. There's a super cool family called the Lyman family that we helped out, we painted their whole house pretty much. I love painting, it was a lot of fun. We give service at a food closet every week here in auburn. So we did that. Plus we helped people move stuff. I got to wear pants so much this week and it made me so happy. 

I had to say goodbye to a lot of people, which sucks a lot. But I know that where I'm going I'm gonna be happy and be able to make more relationships with people. 
It's weird to think that the next time I'm packing I'll be going home. Ok. What. 

We had a lesson with Danielle again this week, we talked about the sabbath day and how to keep it holy. She kept telling us how much she loves church and how much she loves being a member since she was baptized back in July. I am gonna miss her so much. She is a few months pregnant, and I am coming back to see her baby oh wow. 

Friday was our car fast day (haha kill me) and we went on splits with our relief society presidency since we can't use our car on a car fast day haaaaaa it's awful, I mean it's a huge blessing. I got to say goodbye to a 97 year old lady who is my hero in life, her name is Melba. She's the cutest person in the whole world and I wanna be her when I grow up. 

Saturday was our wards temple day! Lake of the pines had a ward temple day and we got to go, and it was awesome. It was nice to be able to go as my last hurrah with the ward. I am gonna miss these people a LOT. 

Sunday was a day filled with goodbyes. I think that's the hardest part of the mission. You are a missionary and you are filled with such a Christlike love for all of these people and them you have to leave them. You leave a bit of your heart in each of your areas. You are obligated to come back and visit these people. Not coming back isn't an option. If you don't it's like abandoning your family, because these people are your family now. 

I love my mission. I really do. I love the fact that for 18 months I'm called to serve the lord. I have such a testimony of that. I know that what I am doing is the best thing for me right now, and I wouldn't trade my experiences I've had for anything in the world. As hard as a mission is, it is so worth it. 

I am going to Chico with Sister Memmott. I have served around her already and I adore her. She's amazing. 

This will be my last area before I go home, guys. Final boss round. Let's do this. 

I love you all. Thank you for the support you've given me. I could not do this without you people in my life. 

Love,

Sister Ginn 



No comments: