Tuesday, May 31, 2016

WHAT????

I couldn't really think of a clever subject because this week has been so fast that I don't even know what happened.

Really though I'm not kidding.

So driving around auburn makes me feel incredibly free. It is so gorgeous here. I can't get enough of it. We had this lesson with an investigator and they have a pet ostrich. I saw a real live ostrich on my mission. What. It was cool. The investigator in question is named Brandy and she is probably never going to get baptized but at least she owns an ostrich.

I have done a lot of soul searching this week about why I am on a mission and how fast it is going. I am going to be 20 in two weeks.
I've been alive for 20 years almost. That's bizarre to me. I've been on my mission for almost 11 months. That is also bizarre to me. I wouldn't have wanted to spend these last few months any other way.

Sister Wall is literally the best person in the world, I have laughed so much with her. We talk, joke, laugh, and I feel like I'm hanging out with a friend all the time instead of just a companion. I adore her so much, oh wow.

The missionary work in both of these wards is kind of slow, but that's ok. It's more spread out and less people want us on their property.
Since it's a lot of ranches and gated homes here, we don't really tract for fear of getting shot. But, we plod through every day. There is a less active named Pam who wants to go to the temple and we have been teaching her to help her do that. She is really big and could pound me to a pulp if she wanted to, but she's so nice. I love her.
She asks so many questions and tries so hard to do the things we ask her to do, like keep the sabbath day holy. I freaking love less active work, if I didn't tell you already.

We met with a less active named Yvonne this week who is off her rocker. She's crazy. She told us her entire life story and about how she hates the church because of tithing and how we try to steal all her belongings. Okay Yvonne. She told us how when she was younger she had a "God box" and wrote down the bad things she needed to let go off and out it in the box to burn it later. Once it was in the box, she could talk about it anymore. We decided to make her a god box, which is a box that you tape up, right down the things you've done wrong, put them in the box, and burn it. So the next time we go over there we will give it to her and help her start it out. I have worked with so many unstable people here in California it's ridiculous. I have so many stories that would take forever to put into an email about crazy people.

Don't do drugs kids, it messes you up.

I love it here, I love the missionaries I am serving with, and I love the members. They are so nice to us and always want to feed us. I am so happy I'm here for the summer, because since auburn is in the hills, the temperature is cooler than anywhere else in northern California. Haha to all the people serving in Redding. They're gonna die.

I love you all. I know the church is true. I have felt myself change spiritually during the time I've been out here. I feel stronger. I know Jesus is the Christ, and when you turn to him and let all your problems go at his feet, he takes care of it. I have felt that on such a personal level.

Here's a birthday shoutout to my Papa Nick! I'm pretty sure he's 30 for the 40th year in a row, hahaha I love you papa <3 p="">

Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTER KASIAH MORRISON IF YOURE READING THIS, YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND IN THE CRM <3 p="">

Ok. Thanks for everything people, I love you and I will talk to you next week.

Love,
Sister Ginn

1. Elder Shepherd and I, he's one of the best people I've ever met btw 2. Here is Yvonne's god box
3 companionship study (she's a ghost)
4. We found out that between how many days I've been out and how many days sister wall has left, we make up a whole sister mission! Yeah!

5. Hi I'm Irish








No comments: