Thursday, December 3, 2015

Well This Week Went By Fast!!

Ok so my new companion is Sister Mackay who is super chill, relaxed, and quiet and we get along great if your are wondering. We have been trying to contact a lot of less actives all week and so far we've gotten two return appointments out of all the less actives we've been visiting. Score one for sister Ginn and Sister Mackay. I'm the driver and for like the first four days I got lost every place I went to.
Sister Mackay would make fun of me which is great because I made fun of myself too. It's so much easier to laugh than to get angry about getting lost in the middle of nowhere, let me tell you.

Thursday was a good thanksgiving. We did a huge service project building a fence for an old lady with all the Anderson zone, and afterwards we went to a huge missionary thanksgiving party for all of us. We ended the day by going to a members house called the Mackintoshes. They are great and have six kids and both parents served missions. I was homesick, not gonna lie, but I felt better being around other people. Sister Mackay doesn't nitpick which makes this so much easier, oh wow. I love her.

Friday was an interesting day. We weekly plan on Friday, so while we were planning a person called us and asked us to come over right away.
Her name was Wynette. So we drove over to her house immediately. She told us she wants to change her life around and come back to church.
We are going to be meeting with her every Saturday to read the Book of Mormon with her. I've never had that happen before. I've never had a less active tell me they want to come back to church. It was a nice experience, and I'm glad I can be a part of her coming back to church.
She came on Sunday and plans on coming back for the next few Sundays.
It's the small stuff like that that makes it worth being a missionary.

I'm excited to be out here for Christmas, we have that new Christmas video that we will be showing everyone and their grandma this entire month. Hopefully we can pick up some new investigators. I am so pumped for Christmas you don't even know dudes and dudets. We decorated our apartment the best we could using cheap decorations from the dollar tree. I bought Christmas lights and put them over my study desk. They make me happy.

I love you all very much ok? You are all my favorite people in the whole world.

It's actually getting really cold here, like the lowest it gets is 27 degrees. It's COLD. But it's pretty. All the Christmas lights are up now and I like it.

I am trying to memorize the living Christ and to be honest I suck at it but I'm working on it. I appreciate everything Jesus Christ has done for me. I love my savior.

That's all for this week. I love you all. I will talk to you all soon!!!

Love,

Sister Caroline Elizabeth Ginn


New Companion Sister MacKay




Thanksgiving with everyone in the district! 

No comments: