Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Merry Christmas You Filthy Animal

It's been raining an awful lot in California and holy cow the people are still ungrateful. Typical.

So before everyone gets all disappointed, I didn't take too many pictures this week mostly because I was sick for about a third of the week.

Ok so this week was long yet short, another one of those. We had a little 9 year old girl baptized this week which was great, we had been teaching her and she got baptized, woo! So that was my first convert baptism ever.

I just realized there's only two more weeks of this transfer left, holy cow. Transfers are on the 5th for us, and I find out the Sunday before if I'm leaving and where I'd go of o leave. To be honest I would love to leave Corning. Which probably means I'm staying. Oh well.

Anyway, this week we picked up another investigator (which doesn't happen ever so I'm excited). Her name is Melissa and she has a little
6 year old girl named Anita. She is a sweetie. We started teaching Melissa's mom and now Melissa has a ton of questions. We helped them make a birthday cake for Melissa this week which was fabulous.
Sometimes it's really nice to be around regular people and not just Mormons all day. It reminds you that people have different morals and opinions.

We went on exchanges again on Saturday, I stayed in Corning this time with Sister Myers and Sister Mackay went to Redbluff. It was a weird day, sister Myers and I woke up feeling icky so we slept in a bit.
Sunday it turns out I have some kind of stomach bug and my stomach is in knots. I can walk, but we've been taking it easy the last couple of days. Hopefully it will go away before Christmas.

I am so pumped to skype my family for Christmas, you people have no clue how excited I am. I love my family more than anything.

 It wasn't a really eventful week. Friday was kind of a rough day, all our appointments cancelled on us so we tried contacting some less actives and former investigators. No luck, and we got yelled at a couple of times. Later that evening we were trying to get into anyone's home, and we knocked on a members door and she let us in.
Definitely a tender mercy for both of us. Be that member. If the missionaries randomly knock on your door, let them in. Talk to them.
Get to know them. Feed them cookies. Those are the best kind of members.

Oh I also played a piano piece on Sunday, I played an arrangement of Far Far Away on Judeas plains and everyone loved it. I'm glad I can share my talent with so many people all at one time.

I've seen a lot of autistic kids lately for some reason. I love autistic kids. They are so adorable.

The spirit of Christmas is a very real thing. I love it. I love that it is so tangible to so many people. I'm glad I was able to share some Christmas cheer to so many people. It's amazing how when people think of Christ, they become kinder. That's why people are nicer this time of year, it's because Christ is prevalent in more and more people's thoughts. We are going to a members house all day for Christmas. This member has 6 kids so this should be fun. We're also going to a members house for Christmas Eve, her family is throwing a party. I'm being taken care of this Christmas, that's for sure.

I love you all very much. You are all in my prayers. Merry Christmas to each and every one of you.

Love,

Sister Ginn

Maggie would be jealous!

Love the Snowmen!

Cute Sister MacKay

No comments: