Monday, November 2, 2015

I Love Exchanges and Halloween!!

On Tuesday I got to go on exchanges with one of my Sister Training Leaders, Sister Patterson. She is also from North Carolina. It was such a good day, it was great to have a normal missionary day and not have to feel uncomfortable or worried about my companion for once. We talked about things these poor west coasters are deprived of, like Bojangles and cook-out. It was amazing.

Wednesday we had district meeting and we got to eat at this little burger joint that sells the most amazing cheeseburgers I've had so far out here. Holy cow I love burgers. Later we were going through lists of less actives, and we found this guy who lives in the middle of an orchard. We went to the door and knocked, and his wife answered. She was like a breath of fresh air. She is not a member but had a lot of questions about us Mormons. She told me I had a sweet spirit which made my whole day. She told sister Duncan she had a strong personality and she got offended. I just laughed cause it was true.

Thursday is probably our busiest days out of the week. We see like 6 people on Thursdays. I've come to found out that I love getting to know people and hearing their stories. It's one of my favorite things.
There's this lady we see every Thursday named Kathy who told me it's like the sister missionaries bring a light into her house that she hasn't seen in a while. I really needed to hear that. I also have come to realize how special members are. I love eating dinner with members and getting to know their stories. It's interesting to be here in Corning right now.

Friday we had dinner with the Thomas family and we carved pumpkins. It was so much fun dudes. I was so happy to be doing a family activity with a family even though I can't do stuff with my family. I got to touch the insides of the pumpkins. That was the best part.

Saturday was the trunk-or-treat, and though we couldn't stay since it was Halloween (lamesauce by the way) we did get some pictures and ate some free food. We went home at 6:30 and I went to bed at 8:30. Best nights sleep I've had in a while.

Sunday night was amazing too, we had a movie night with my ward mission leader and his wife, the Franklin's and sat around watching the cartoon Book of Mormon movies and ate peach cobbler. All our lessons had cancelled so it was nice to just do that. I have been praying for tender mercies this week and being with members have been my tender mercies.

Let me tell you all something. This isn't easy, at all. I'm struggling a bit with Sister Duncan. She is this robotic type missionary and I am so not. It is not easy being companions with some people. I have pretty much learned to rely on the lord at all times and in all things and in all places because I can't handle sister Duncan without him.
Things get better. Prayer works. I do love her, it's just hard to work with someone who doesn't want to work with you. I love you all and I appreciate all the things you do for me. I appreciate all the cards and love and prays you say on my behalf. You are all my favorite people in the entire universe and I would do anything for you guys.

Love,
Sister Caroline Elizabeth Ginn


First time trying Gelato.

New convert names LuLu

Cool Monk

Interesting Picture of Christ

Abby and I carved a pumpkin

Nicholas a great kid!

Brother McKintosh and his daughter. He is a policeman!



No comments: