Wednesday, October 1, 2008

MULE DAYS










Saturday morning we got up early and went"up town" as we say around here and went to the annual Mule Day parade. These are some shots that Melanie took. I love small town parades with the beauty queens in fancy cars, veterans waving flags, high school bands, and clowns. In this parade we have mules and lots of horses. The mule is celebrated in this community for all of it's hard work to help farmers. A mule is cross between a horse and a donkey. Not too pretty. Mule Days is a festival that attract about 70,000 people in a four day span. There are carnival rides, rodeos, street dances, bands and singing in the grove, and lots of vendors. It is quite a weekend for those who paricipate. We just attended the parade this year. Oh, and don't forget the plethora of poop that is left behide from those mules and horses.

8 comments:

Natalie said...

How fun, I love a good parade with history behind it. I took the girls to the Days of 47 parade in Utah this summer. It was one we grew up going to every year, and it was fun to watch them enjoy it. I love the picture of the girls, and the scenery in the previous blog as well.

MANDY said...

Hannah is so grown up......beautiful girls, Deana. Get 'em ready to reject the boys, okay? We went to a parade a lot like the one you described on Sat. The Buckwheat Festival.....celebration of buckwheat??? ( farming and such) I don't know....went to it every year as a I grew up.

Tricia said...

My favorite picture is of the girls. They are so beautiful. I remember Hannah as a teeny toddler checking out my teenier Emma during her first few months when I went back to work. What a great blessing it was for you to keep her for me. Thank you so much!

Rachel said...

Deana-I am so glad you found my blog. One of the things I love about this is connecting with old friends. Your girls are so grown up, and little Kimberly looks just like her big sisters. I love that you live in the country, and miss seeing cotton fields the cotton fields when we would go the "back way" to the temple. I'm going to link to your blog so I can check it often.

MANDY said...

Where are ya? Miss you! email me, call me, or update this blog, okay? lol

Rebekah said...

DEANNA!!!
I found your blog on Christy Graham's blog. I didn't realize that you knew her too. She's now in my ward here in AZ. How are you? Your family is beautiful!! All your pictures make me miss NC so much! I'm glad I was able to "bump" into you here in the blogging world!!

Rebekah Hammer Riehle

Beth said...

Hey Girl, Susan told me about your blog. I love it! If you don't mind, I put you on my blog under "my family and friends." If you want to see it:
www.beths-notebook.blogspot.com
I love you my little friend.

The Coles said...

Deana, I am so glad to see your blog. I will follow your family. Your girls have really grown up and are so beautiful! Thank you for getting in contact with me!