Thursday, June 23, 2016

Sometimes the Ups Outnumber the Downs

What. A. Week. Oh my gosh. Ok first off we had a a great lesson Monday night with a returning less active and his investigator wife. They are Joy and Lloyd Hostetter. Lloyd is a farm boy who has been a member of the church forever and is coming back to activity and wants to go to the temple. His wife, Joy, has been investigating the church for years and is just now starting to show interest in baptism. We see them twice a week, Monday nights and Friday nights. We read three chapters of the Book of Mormon and three chapters of the New Testament with them. Joy eats it up. Lloyd really wants her to get baptized soon so they can go to the temple and be sealed together as a family. Oh it's the perfect situation, I am so glad I get to be a tool in Heavenly Fathers hands with these two people. They are old and so in love with eachother. It's so dang cute I can't stand it. I feel the spirit every time I'm over there. I love it.

And then Tuesday happened. So one of our investigators is on date for baptism on July 17th. Her name is Danielle. She had to meet with President Marston before she could be baptized. So, we set up the appointment with her and president Marston for Tuesday at 10:30 in the morning. We were there, it went great, president Marston is the best man in the world. I love him so much. Danielle seemed fine with it, she was ok with talking to him and they both left the church building all fine and happy. Danielle is bipolar and has anxiety and depression. This is important to know because not even 15 minutes later she texted us and told us she doesn't feel like she fits in the church and she wants some time away from the missionaries. We were shocked. Sister Wall was really upset. I don't know Danielle too well, since I'm still new here and I've only met her a few times. I was upset too though. We sat at the church and moped. Then the elders came by, we told them what happened and they went and bought us ice cream.
Thank the lord for elders. I love them so much.

I think that's been the biggest struggle on my mission so far.
Whenever something bad happens, you have to keep going and keep being a missionary. You can't really take a break from it. That has been hard for me my whole mission. Some days I want to curl up in a blanket and not move for eternity. But I don't. I get up and go work. Being a missionary is the hardest thing I've ever done. People like Danielle break your heart, but then there's people like Joy who make serving a mission worth it. You have to remember, it's not about you. It's about the lord and the people who's lives you will change. It's not about you

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO MY DADDY <3 him="" i="" love="" much.="" p="" very="">

Anyways, the rest of the week was alright. Since I am a Sister Training Leader, I have to teach at all zone meetings, and we had a zone meeting this week. Sister Wall and I taught about the power of the Holy Ghost in conversion. It went pretty well, the missionaries listened I think and people said we did ok. That was cool. I've become such a better teacher than I used to be on my mission. I've become so good at winging it that I don't even have to write stuff down anymore when I am asked to teach or speak. Yeah, spirit. Holy Ghost. Praise Jesus.

Sister Wall is literally the cutest human being on the planet. The other night she was yelling to me "HEY SISTER GINN COME LOOK I FOUND A NEW FACE" and she showed me the best facial expression I've ever seen.
She calls it her koopa troopa face. She's really into Mario and I love it. Also the other day someone called us and she completely blanked out so she said "Hi... It's me.... Mario" and I almost threw up I was laughing so hard. I love her so much.

Friday was had a car fast. #killme
We ended up getting a ride to the stake center to weekly plan and that's pretty much all we did. Some of the elders thought it would be fun to bike to our church building. Well on bike it's three hours away. So they biked for a total of six hours to and from their apartment building. Why. Just why.

I feel very happy today. I've been waking up and praying for me to have a good attitude as much as possible. I am choosing to be happy and to smile and laugh as much as I can. I'm considered one of the happiest person some people have met. I like that reputation. I like being happy. I like Jesus and I like the gospel. I know it's true.
That's all there is to it.

I love you all! You're all great and attractive people.

Love,
Caroline Elizabeth Ginn

1-2. We decided to write a bunch of puns and jokes on sticky notes and go cover the elders doors with them.
3. Weekly planning at its finest
4. Guess who got to go see Finding Dory... Not us 5. I have the greatest parents in the world. Look at them and tell me I'm wrong. I'm not.
6. Our zone conference

7. Cat









No comments: